1. General concept
The Agency for Cultural Affairs collects information of users of the Japan Cultural Expo website (https://japanculturalexpo.bunka.go.jp; hereinafter, the “Site”) within the scope necessary for facilitating the smooth operations of the services rendered through the Site, such as the provision of information concerning the Japan Cultural Expo and the acceptance of proposals and applications for individual projects. The Agency for Cultural Affairs handles collected information appropriately within the scope of the purpose of use.
2. Scope of information to be collected
- (1) The Site automatically collects information such as Internet domain names, IP addresses, and Site browsing data, etc., (hereinafter "User Information"). Notably, cookies (code transmitted from the server to a user's browser and stored on a user's computer in order to identify the user on the server side) are intended only to improve usability and include no personal information. Moreover, the cookie functions can be disabled by a user through the browser settings.
- (2) About cookies
- (3) When accepting proposals and applications for individual projects, the Agency will collect information such as the organization or group name, the name of the representative or person in charge, and the duration and venue of the event, etc.
- (4) When using the inquiry function for Japan Expo, please register your name, email address, gender, and age, etc.
3. Purpose of use
- (1) 2. Information collected pursuant to (1) and (2) will be referenced to facilitate the smooth operation of the services provided by the Site.
- (2) 2. Information collected pursuant to (3) will be used for the adoption and certification procedures of each project, disclosure of information concerning the adoption and certification operations of this site and websites of related ministries and agencies, and transmission, etc., of publicity materials to adoption and certification organizations.
- (3) 2. Information collected pursuant to (4) will be used for sending answers to inquiries.
4. Restrictions on the use and the provision of collected information
Except in case of a disclosure request based on laws and regulations, in case of wrongdoing such as unauthorized access or threats, and in case of other special reasons, the Agency for Cultural Affairs does not use collected information for any purpose other than described in "2. Scope of information to be collected" and "3. Purpose of Use" nor provide collected information to a third party.
Use of statistical information
Information of users of the Site is used as statistical information for the marketing activities of the Agency for Cultural Affairs but not for any other purpose.
Cooperation with contractors
In order to facilitate operations, the Agency for Cultural Affairs may outsource part of operations and may within the necessary scope provide information to outsourcing contractors. In such a case, sufficiently experienced and capable outsourcing contractors are selected. Moreover, outsourcing contractors are supervised to ensure appropriate information management, including provisions, etc., in the agreements concluded with outsourcing contractors that stipulate the appropriate handling of information and the duty of confidentiality.
Concerning the use of Google Analytics
5. Measures to ensure security
The Agency for Cultural Affairs takes measures to prevent leakage, loss, and damage of collected information and other steps necessary for the appropriate management of collected information. Note that while the Agency for Cultural Affairs may outsource the operations of the Site to external service providers, necessary measures for the appropriate management of the collected information are also taken by such external service providers.
6. Scope of application
7. Other matters